lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wilkowski ...@silenteight.com>
Subject Re: one large index vs many small indexes
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:23:16 GMT
Hi,
many small indexes seem more reasonable and much more efficient than one
common large index for all customers.

I recommend a very good book Lucene in Action - just reading a first few
chapters (indexing & searching) will give you a very good idea about Lucene
internals, index structure and why separate indexes will be much more
efficient.

Regards,
Michael Wilkowski