lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bhaskar <bhaskar1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene auto suggest
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:20:00 GMT
Hi,
I have one column in the data base and it is having below data( it can have
5000 to 30000 rows)

Fenway Antenna Dipole Top CH00 with Coaxial Cable Length 140mm
Fenway Antenna Dipole Side CH01 with Coaxial Cable Length 220mm
Fenway Antenna Slot Front CH02 with Coaxial Cable Length 220mm
ANTENNA,C1318-510009-A,GP,SE0810
ANTENNA,C1318-510010-A,GP,SE0810
ANTENNA,C1318-510011-A,GP,SE0810
ANTENNA,MAF94108,GP,SN0905A,WLAN
ANTENNA,MAF94119,GP,SN0905A,WLAN
ANTENNA,MAF94362,GP,SN0905A,WLAN
ANTENNA,MAF94159,GP,SN0906A,WLAN
ANTENNA,MAF94195,GP,SN0906A,WLAN
ANTENNA,MAF94196,GP,SN0906A,WLAN
ANTENNA, STAMPED METAL, BOOST, CHAIN-0
ANTENNA, STAMPED METAL, BOOST, CHAIN-2
ANVIL DIPOLE ANT0
ANVIL DIPOLE ANT1
LIMELIGHT ANTENNA-A CABLE
LIMELIGHT ANTENNA-B CABLE
LIMELIGHT ANTENNA-D CABLE

I think I want fuzzy suggestions only... for example...
when user types *Fenway  *then the words starting with *Fenway *should
come.. i.e.

Fenway Antenna Dipole Top CH00 with Coaxial Cable Length 140mm
Fenway Antenna Dipole Side CH01 with Coaxial Cable Length 220mm
Fenway Antenna Slot Front CH02 with Coaxial Cable Length 220mm

Based on the user input the  result should change. if user typed *Fenway
Antenna Dipole *then

Fenway Antenna Dipole Top CH00 with Coaxial Cable Length 140mm
Fenway Antenna Dipole Side CH01 with Coaxial Cable Length 220mm

like this based on the typed data then the result should change.

Could you please suggest what is the best way to achieve this( may be some
samples for the same).
Please let me know if I miss any info you required.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Bhaskar

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 10:24 PM, Alessandro Benedetti <
abenedetti@apache.org> wrote:

> Can you list us your requirements ?
>
> Is analysis needed in the suggester ?
> Do you want infix suggestions ?
> Do you want fuzzy suggestions ?
> Suggestions of the whole content of a field or only few tokens ?
>
> Starting from that you can take a look to the suggester component and all
> the different implementations.
> There are a lot of Lookup strategy, very specific depending on the use
> case.
>
> Cheers
>
> On 23 November 2015 at 12:39, Bhaskar <bhaskar1484@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new Lucene Auto suggest.
> > Could you please some share the lucene auto suggest sample
> > applications/code..
> >
> > My use case is:
> > I have the data in the database. I would like write some auto suggest on
> > the data base data.
> >
> > i.e. we have some text box in UI. when user is trying to enter some thing
> > we have to auto suggest based on the user input.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for help.
> >
> > --
> > Keep Smiling....
> > Thanks & Regards