lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bhaskar <bhaskar1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene auto suggest
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:05:27 GMT
*Is analysis needed in the suggester ?*
[Bhaskar] No

Do you want to provide suggestions according to an analyser processing
the suggestions and user query ?
Example :
user typing receiver
And the system returning the Antenna records ?

[Bhaskar] No, not needed..

*Do you want infix suggestions ?*
[Bhaskar] not looking for suggestions...Just I want to  beginning of the
field value. I.e. if we type Ante then we should get all the strings which
are started with Ante.

I am looking as below .

[image: Inline image 1]
When user is typing then only matched records should shown.

*Suggestions of the whole content of a field or only few tokens ?*
Do you want only few tokens or the entire field value ?
[Bhaskar] I want entire field.

Regards,
Bhaskar

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Alessandro Benedetti <abenedetti@apache.org