lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lutz Fechner <Lutz.Fech...@perfect.com>
Subject RE: one large index vs many small indexes
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:45:06 GMT
Hi,

separated index will allow you split IO load over multiple physical drives as well as use
different Analyzers (if your customers are having different content that will make sense).

Best Regards

Lutz

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Wilkowski [mailto:mw@silenteight.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 11. November 2015 10:23
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: one large index vs many small indexes

Hi,
many small indexes seem more reasonable and much more efficient than one common large index
for all customers.

I recommend a very good book Lucene in Action - just reading a first few chapters (indexing
& searching) will give you a very good idea about Lucene internals, index structure and
why separate indexes will be much more efficient.

Regards,
Michael Wilkowski