lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Khanzode <sandeep_khanz...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Determine whether a MatchAllQuery or a Query with atleast one Term
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 05:57:15 GMT
Hi,
I have a question.
In my program, I need to check whether the input query is a MatchAll Query that contains no
terms, or a Query (any variant) that has at least one term. For typical Term queries, this
seems reasonable to be done with Query.extractTerms(Set<> terms) which gives the list
of terms.
However, when there is a NumericRangeQuery, this method throws an UnsupportedOperationException.
How can I determine that a NumericRangeQuery or any non-Term query exists in the Input Query
and differentiate it from the MatchAllQuery? -- SRK