lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Khanzode <sandeep_khanz...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Determine whether a MatchAllQuery or a Query with atleast one Term
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 11:21:49 GMT
Hi,
Actually, the MatchAllQuery, for all I know (since it is invoked by the client) can be wrapped
in a Bool Query type. Hence, it is difficult for me to traverse the Bool Query clauses and
determine MatchAll, whereas there may be other clauses which do contain a TermQuery or a NumericRangeQuery
in which case a MatchAllQuery check is futile.
Given any query, Bool Query or MatchAll, or a specific subclass of Query, what would be the
safe way to determine that this is not a MatchAll query without any terms, or whether this
is a query that contains at least one term or range? -----------------------Thanks n Regards,
Sandeep Ramesh Khanzode

    On Saturday, November 28, 2015 12:30 PM, Michael Wilkowski <mw@silenteight.com>