lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bauer, Herbert S. (Scott)" <Bauer.Sc...@mayo.edu>
Subject Scoring over Multiple Indexes
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:34:44 GMT
We have a test case that boosts a set of terms.  Something along the lines of “term1^2 AND
term2^3 AND term3^4 and this query runs over a two content distinct indexes.  Our expectation
is that the terms would be returned to us as term3, term2 and term1.  Instead we get something
along the lines of term3, term1 and term2.  I realize from a number of postings that this
is the result of the scoring methods action taking place within an individual index rather
than against several indexes.  At the same time I don’t see a lot of solutions offered.
Is there an out of the box solution to normalize scoring over diverse indexes?  If not is
there a strategy for rolling your own normalizing solution?  I’m assuming this has to be
a common problem.    -scott