lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bauer, Herbert S. (Scott)" <Bauer.Sc...@mayo.edu>
Subject Re: Entity level queries on parent child groups in block joins
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 15:10:28 GMT
As a follow up, is it correct that the parent child grouping is on it’s own segment?  And
would this segment have it’s own LeafReader that I could identify and access.  I think this
might solve my problem.  -scott

From: <Bauer>, Scott Bauer <bauer.scott@mayo.edu<mailto:bauer.scott@mayo.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 8:08 AM
To: "java-user@lucene.apache.org<mailto:java-user@lucene.apache.org>" <java-user@lucene.apache.org<mailto:java-user@lucene.apache.org>>
Subject: Entity level queries on parent child groups in block joins

We are attempting to upgrade from 2.4.1 to 5.2.1.  In our older implementation we had custom
filtering/scoring mechanism that allowed us to query our grouped documents as a single entity.
 In particular, this allowed us to query documents that had the same field name and different
values as a single entity.  We’d like to be able to to this with the new ToParentBlockJoinQuery
mechanism.  Is there any part of the api that would allow us to query two documents with different
values for the same field (as in a boolean query with two Occur. MUST designations) and return
a parent document that contained these two values while at the same time returning no other
parents that had one of the other values?  (Which would be the case with a boolean query with
two or more Occur.SHOULD designations)

Performance is a consideration here.

Thanks,
Scott