lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two different types of values in same field name in single index
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:17:03 GMT
I would be pretty skeptical of this approach You're
mixing numeric data with textual data and I expect
the results to be unpredictable. You already said
"it is working for most of the
documents except one or two documents." I predict
you'll find more and more of these as time passes.

Expect many more anomalies. At best you need to
index both forms as text rather than mixing numeric
and text data. Since you're not sorting you should be
OK with the caveat that searching for
"02" won't match an indexed value of "2" unless you
remove all leading zeros at both index and query
time.

Best,
Erick

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Kumaran Ramasubramanian
<kums.134@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Will, You are right. But i dont use "status" field for sorting. i have
> other fields that is being used for sorting specifically. And so i dont
> face any issues in sorting as of now.
>
> --
> Kumaran R
>

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 7:20 PM, will <wmartinusa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Kumaran -
>>
>> Aren't you creating an unworkable scenario for sorting?
>>
>> -will
>>
>> On 10/27/15 5:49 AM, Kumaran Ramasubramanian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>   i have indexed module wise data in same index. In this case, we index
>>> two
>>> types of field in same name in two different document like this.
>>>
>>> *document1:*
>>>
>>> module:1

>>> long longValue=Long.parseLong(value);
>>>>

>>> *document2:*
>>>
>>> module:2
>>>>
>>> *code:*

>>> document.add(field);

>>> mixed
>>> type of fields
>>>
>>> when i query like status:4 or status:open, it is working for most of the
>>> documents except one or two documents.
>>>
>>> Not able to reproduce the same in other indexes. So i want confirm whether
>>> it is supported to have both Field & LongField with same field name in
>>> same
>>> index. And also Please suggest me any articles discussing this kind of