lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kumaran Ramasubramanian <kums....@gmail.com>
Subject Two different types of values in same field name in single index
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 09:49:36 GMT
Hi All,

 i have indexed module wise data in same index. In this case, we index two
types of field in same name in two different document like this.

*document1:*

> module:1
> status:4 ( as LongField )

*code:*

> long longValue=Long.parseLong(value);
> LongField field=new LongField(f
> ield
> Name,longValue, Field.Store.YES);
> document.add(field);

*document2:*

> module:2
> status:open ( as Field )

*code:*

> ​
> Field field = new Field(
> ​f​
> ​
> ield
> Name, value, (Field.Store) stored, (Field.Index) indexType);

document.add(field);

​

There are around 50lakh documents in my index which has these kind of mixed
type of fields

when i query like status:4 or status:open, it is working for most of the
documents except one or two documents.

Not able to reproduce the same in other indexes. So i want confirm whether
it is supported to have both Field & LongField with same field name in same
index. And also Please suggest me any articles discussing this kind of
problem.

Thanks :-)

Related links:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-user/109530