lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From patel mrugesh <patelmruge...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: NOT Operator with Parenthesis
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:19:31 GMT
Thanks Jigar :)
It's really helpful.

     On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 12:05 AM, Jigar Shah <jigaronline@gmail.com> wrote:

 Most probably LUCENE-6249 changes parser's behavior, for your case.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 5:33 AM, patel mrugesh <patelmrugesh1@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Thanks for your reply Erick,
I have gone through the document provided by you.
However what I have observed is that there is difference if we parse query with Lucene 4.10.3
and Lucene 5.2.0 onwards.
For example :Query String: lottery AND (NOT ticket)Lucene 4.x parsed it as: +lottery +ticket
Lucene 5.1.x parsed it as: +lottery +(-ticket)
And I want result as 5.1.x produces. But as I am not planning to upgrade lucene now so looking
for fix for lucene 4.10.x.
Please could you help on this?
Thanks,Mrugesh

     On Monday, 26 October 2015 8:03 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>