lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: ConjunctionScorer access
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 08:13:55 GMT
Hi,

Those are internal classes and not to be extended (not only the constructor is pkg-private,
the whole class is: https://goo.gl/5WyLYz)! Scorers follow the delegator pattern. If you want
to modify the behaviour of a Scorer, create a delegator scorer (e.g. some Filtering Scorer)
and change its behaviour (e.g. filter additional documents,...). This can be done by a query
that filters other querys. E.g. look at ConstantScoreQuery or similar queries that wrap other
scorers.

Subclassing ConjunctionScorer would bring you nothing because internals are still private
- and that's good.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler