lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Selva Kumar <selva.kumar.at.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 5 : any merge performance metrics compared to 4.x?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:40:12 GMT
it appears Lucene 5.2 index merge is running checkIntegrity on existing
index prior to merging additional indices.
This seems to be new.

We have an existing checkIndex but this is run post index merge.

Two follow up questions :
* Is there way to turn off built-in checkIntegrity? Just for my understand.
No plan to turn this off.
* Is running checkIntegrity prior to index merge better than running post
merge?

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Selva Kumar <selva.kumar.at.work@gmail.com