lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sergii Kabashniuk <skabashn...@codenvy.com>
Subject SloppyMath license
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2015 15:31:15 GMT
Hello
Right now I'm working on approval to use lucene-core  in Eclipse projects.
One of the things that worry Eclipse "Intellectual property team" is that
SloppyMath.java
class has unusual license. I mean may be it fits Apache 2 license
requirements, but potentially it can be a source of licensing problems. For
instance lucene-core 5.2.1 is approved to use in Eclipse projects but
 without this class. So we need to repackage lucene-core and remove
SloppyMath from it.

My question is it possible to move this class out from lucene-core? I found
that lucene-spatial3d (correct me if I'm wrong) can be close by spirit to
this module.

Sergii Kabashniuk