lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 5 : any merge performance metrics compared to 4.x?
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 17:47:27 GMT
On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 7:41 PM, McKinley, James T
<james.mckinley@cengage.com> wrote:

> We really don't have the option of moving to local disk without a significant redesign
of our systems.  However, we do have the possibility of switching to iSCSI instead of NFS
without changing our hardware, do you happen to know whether iSCSI would be a better protocol
for use with Lucene?  Thanks!

I don't have any direct experience with iSCSI, but I think it's likely
it would be "correct" since it's a lower level protocol than NFS, i.e.
from the computer's standpoint it thinks it's talking to a local SCSI
drive (maybe)?

But performance wise I'm not sure if it'd be better or worse ... if it
must cross the same network connection as your NFS connection it seems
likely it'd also have performance issues?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com