lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Modassar Ather <modather1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improvement performance of my indexing with Lucene
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 05:07:25 GMT
There are few things you can try to improve indexing performance.

1. Try indexing documents in batches.
2. You can try multi-threaded indexing. What I mean to say is feed the data
using multiple threads to the indexer.
3. Analysis of memory utilization and GC tuning.

Following are few links which has few details on Solr indexing performance.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceFactors
https://lucidworks.com/blog/indexing-performance-solr-5-2-now-twice-fast/

Regards,
Modassar