lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Use SloppyPhraseScorer in SpanNearQuery
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:37:33 GMT
Hi,

SpanNearQuery will also take into account the ‘width’ of the match, so that terms that
are closer together will score more highly.  Is that what you’re looking for?

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 10 Sep 2015, at 10:43, aurelien.mazoyer@francelabs.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> SpanNearQuery and SloppyPhraseQuery can have similar behavior in some use cases. On the
one hand, I have to distinguish between ordered and unordered terms (that’s enabled with
SpanNearQuery) but on the other hand, I want to use the SloppyPhraseScorer, that takes the
relative positions of the terms into account for the score calculation. As far I understood,
this is possible with SloppyPhraseQuery but not with SpanNearQuery. Do you think there is
there a way to combine these two features to have the best of both worlds?