lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From dr <bfore...@126.com>
Subject Re:Re: IO probleam in forceMerge(1)
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 03:59:30 GMT

Also i noticed that in the begin the speed was normal, and  it slowed down  later. The total
space of the index is 15GB, and *.fdt takes 12GB. I allocated 8GB memory for forceMerge, is
this enough for that? I readed the code and doc, it seems that *.fdt is readed and  stored
in block of 16KB, i guess it won't need too much memory to merge them.

At 2015-08-20 22:00:27, "Michael McCandless" <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>I would first try upgrading you JVM: 1.7.0_05 is ancient.
>
>Mike McCandless
>
>http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>

>On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 7:49 AM, dr <bforevdr@126.com> wrote:
>> Hi ,all
>>     Currenty i met a probleam with forceMerge(1). During forceMerging some of my
machine spent too much time(10-20 hours for a index size of 15GB). By using some command like
top, iostat, jstack. I found that the avg of cpu, and disk is too low, nearly zero.  And the
size of the the index files increased very very slowly. From jstack, i found that the application
is hanging on IO operations, like FileInputStream or DirectByteArray.  But when i did some
copy operation on the machine the speed may become normal.