lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: ignore a match in a query
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 11:20:49 GMT
Agree on span query.

Might try SpanNotQuery("record", "type", 0, 1)...

Find "record" but not if "type" comes one word after "record".

<warning type="self_promotion">If you use LUCENE-5205's SpanQueryParser: "record type"!~0,1</warning>

-----Original Message-----
From: Trejkaz [mailto:trejkaz@trypticon.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:29 PM
To: Lucene Users Mailing List <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: ignore a match in a query

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM, Fielder, Todd Patrick
<tpfield@sandia.gov> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore a match in a query?  For example, I have two
strings

> 1)      "Record type: record"
>
> 2)      "Record type: cd"
>
> I do not want the text "record type" to match, so searching for the text "record" should
return string 1 and not string 2.  I can't say "NOT Record Type" because then neither string
would match

Sounds like a span query:
  1. SpanTermQuery to search for "record"
  2. SpanNearQuery containing SpanTermQuery for "record" immediately
in front of a SpanTermQuery for "type"
  3. SpanNotQuery to exclude the latter from the former.

TX