lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From George Bailey <cjava...@gmail.com>
Subject In Lucene, can I write to the index in a separate process from reading?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 18:39:56 GMT
I know that the reader reads a point in time, and that it won't see any
updates unless you re-open the reader 'after' you commit or close the
writer.

In my case, I will have the IndexWriter in a separate process, and the
IndexReader running live in a webapp. I know this is thread safe, but is it
safe to do this in a separate process, or do I need to close and disable
all IndexReader features prior to updating the index in a separate process?