lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gimantha Bandara <giman...@wso2.com>
Subject Exception While searching through indices.
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:43:26 GMT
Hi all,

We are using Lucene 4.10.3 for indexing. Recently we changed our
implementation so that we give data batchwise to lucene to index. Earlier
we just query all the  data from the data source and index all data at
once. It works well. But the number of entries can be up to billions. So
getting all the data entries from the data source causes OutOfMemory
sometimes. So we changed the implementation to So that Lucene indexes the
data batchwise. Now we are getting the following exception. Can anyone tell
me what that exception means?

    at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene41.Lucene41PostingsReader$BlockDocsEnum.advance(Lucene41PostingsReader.java:538)
    at org.apache.lucene.search.TermScorer.advance(TermScorer.java:85)
    at
org.apache.lucene.search.ConjunctionScorer.doNext(ConjunctionScorer.java:82)
    at
org.apache.lucene.search.ConjunctionScorer.nextDoc(ConjunctionScorer.java:100)
    at
org.apache.lucene.search.Weight$DefaultBulkScorer.scoreAll(Weight.java:192)
    at
org.apache.lucene.search.Weight$DefaultBulkScorer.score(Weight.java:163)
    at org.apache.lucene.search.BulkScorer.score(BulkScorer.java:35)
    at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:621)
    at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:309)
    at
org.apache.lucene.facet.FacetsCollector.doSearch(FacetsCollector.java:294)
    at
org.apache.lucene.facet.FacetsCollector.search(FacetsCollector.java:198)

--
Gimantha Bandara
Software Engineer