lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TwoPhaseIterator
Date Sun, 24 May 2015 17:25:37 GMT
Hi,

Sorry but I did not understand what you are trying to achieve.
However, TwoPhaseIterator does not really help implement search
use-cases. It is rather an optimization which allows Lucene to
dissociate query executon into a cheap approximation and a costly
verificati. A good example is phrase queries: the cheap approximation
is a conjunction of terms (find documents that contain all terms) and
the costly verification is about verifying that terms appear at
consecutive positions.

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Eduardo Manrique
<eduardo@s1mbi0se.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to make a cross document MUST with query time join. What I need is return
a group if one of its documents matches a condition, and one of another of its doc matches
another condition. Searching on internet I found the two phase intersection https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6198
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6198> that seems to be what I need. But
I couldn’t find any examples or how to use it. Will it help me on my case? If so, do you
guys have any example?

--
Adrien