lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BytesRef violates the principle of least astonishment
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 06:46:09 GMT
> Otherwise, it violates the Liskov substitution principle as well.

Sadly it also violates the Heisenberg's principle at the bit state
energy levels. We're working on improving that.

>From your heated comments I think you should switch the language to
something that guarantees immutability of any data types passed
around. There are many languages with this property. Some of them even
work on the JVM so you may be able to write your own logic layer to
access those bits of Lucene which you don't like.

Dawid