lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Search Performance with NRT
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 14:34:53 GMT
As long as you call SM.maybeRefresh from a dedicated refresh thread
(not from a query's thread) it will work well.

You may want to use a warmer so that the new searcher is warmed before
becoming visible to incoming queries ... this ensures any lazy data
structures are initialized by the time a query sees them.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 7:16 AM, kiwi clive
<kiwi_clive@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> We are considering changing our Lucene indexer / search architecture from 2 separate
JVMs to a single one to benefit from the very latest index views NRT readers provide.

> In the past we cached our IndexSearchers to avoid cold searches every time and reopened
them periodically.  In the single-JVM model where we will be keeping the IndexWriters open
for long periods, will we still face the same problem, or will calling searcherManager.maybeRefresh()
periodically be enough to guarantee fast searches (as well as near-real time views)?