lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From kiwi clive <kiwi_cl...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Search Performance with NRT
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 11:16:56 GMT
Hi Guys

We are considering changing our Lucene indexer / search architecture from 2 separate JVMs
to a single one to benefit from the very latest index views NRT readers provide.

In the past we cached our IndexSearchers to avoid cold searches every time and reopened them
periodically.  In the single-JVM model where we will be keeping the IndexWriters open for
long periods, will we still face the same problem, or will calling searcherManager.maybeRefresh()
periodically be enough to guarantee fast searches (as well as near-real time views)?

(We intend to instantiate our SearcherManager with the IndexWriter rather than a Directory.)

ThanksClive