lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Khanzode <sandeep_khanz...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Upgrading Lucene Indices and maintaining same resultset
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 05:02:52 GMT
Hi All,
We have a Lucene 3.6-based index set which is quite large and currently in use. What will
be the upgrade path to (a) 4.x or (b) 5.x? With respect to the data migration, etc. What are
the steps and is it technically possible? I read that 3.x to 5.x is not possible, and throws
IndexTooStale exceptions. Can we do it in two hops, like from 3.x to 4.x and 4.x to 5.x.
If I have a set of documents that have already been indexed with Lucene 3.6 and somehow we
are able to upgrade to Lucene 4.x (or maybe 5.x), how can we make sure that we will get the
same set of results? I am not sure, but I will check the analyzers and tokenizers used in
the 3.6 versions. If we could somehow carry over those to 5.x, will we be guaranteed the same
set of results? Or are there other considerations to get the same set of results? - SRK