lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Java8 and lucene version
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 09:10:34 GMT
Hi again,

> There are two things to take into account:
>
> Building with Java 8:
> - Lucene 2.9 is based on Java 1.4, so the build system passes "-source / -
> target 1.4" to the compiler, which is no longer supported in Java 8. So you
> cannot compile and test it without changing the build system. You have to
> build it with earlier versions.

I just checked, Java 8 still supports building Java 1.4 code:
warning: [options] source value 1.4 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] target value 1.4 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release

But Java 9 already dropped support completely (1.4 and 1.5). So you may be able to compile,
but running tests is harder... (see previous mail).