lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Rainer <Rainer.Si...@ait.ac.at>
Subject AW: Lucene Spatial: sort by best fit
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:21:04 GMT
Hi David,

ouch - no, missed that. I'm indexing points and polygons with the RecursivePrefixTreeStrategy
right now, so simply didn't look properly at the BBoxStrategy. (I need to use exact polygons,
so that I can make use of the ultra-cool 2D facet heatmap feature :-)

So the best way, I guess, would be to index an additional field, using BBoxStrategy, that
holds just the bounding box?

Cheers,
Rainer

Von: david.w.smiley@gmail.com [david.w.smiley@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 01. April 2015 20:47
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Lucene Spatial: sorg by best fit

Hi Rainer,

The BBoxStrategy is pretty close to this.  It does assume indexed
rectangles and not other shapes, and it’s limited to one rect value per
field, but perhaps this is fine for you nonetheless?  See
the makeOverlapRatioValueSource() method.  If this feature was non-obvious,
I think I may need to make this more prominent from the BBoxStrategy class
level javadocs.  Did you at least find this strategy?

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley