lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: general question
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:20:07 GMT
You could do this with a custom Collector which, for every hit visits
all child scorers asking each one whether it matched the current hit.
Your collector would have to somehow store this information away so
that once the search is done and you pull the top N hits, you know
which fields those hits had matched.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Fielder, Todd Patrick
<tpfield@sandia.gov> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Lucene and am looking for advice.  I'm wanting to search the entire DB (or
almost the entire DB) for a keyword.  The users also want to know which field the string occurred
in.

> I can think of two ways to do this, but neither are ideal and I'm looking for suggestions:
>
> 1)      Search the entire DB and add all the text I want to search to a single string
and store that string.  Then create a query against that string...Using this approach, is
there any way to know which field the match it is in?  Context highlighting is not sufficient,
they want the DB column of the match...we are using EclipseLink/JPA (but are considering switching
to Hibernate)