lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: is this lucene 4.1.0 bug in PerFieldPostingsFormat
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:34:36 GMT
On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Paul Taylor <paul_t100@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Right, did you see my last post the query parser does trap the exception if
> you enable assertions. I thought this was what you were saying was fixed in
> a later version, but assume you actually mean search is fixed not parser

Well it's both: Lucene should catch illegal null to all its Query
classes, and Robert opened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6345 for that.

And then no query parser should ever send an invalid null down to
Lucene queries ... that's the bug/test I think you should open?

> Is SimpleQueryParser identical to ClassicQueryParser without regular
> expressions, or not ?

It's completely different.  It's goals are to support only the common
reasonable-performing queries and do it's best-effort to make a query
even on invalid input (not throw a ParseException).

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5336

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com