lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gimantha Bandara <giman...@wso2.com>
Subject Sampled Hit counts using Lucene Facets.
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 09:43:55 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to create some APIs using lucene facets APIs. First I will
explain my requirement with an example. Lets say I am keeping track of the
count of  people who enter through a certain door. Lets say the time range
I am interested in Last 6 hours( to get the total count, I know that I ll
have to use Ranged Facets). How do I sample this time range and get the
counts of each sample? In other words, as an example, If I split the last
6 hours into 5 minutes samples, I get 72 (6*60/5 ) different time ranges. I
would be interested in getting hit counts for each of these 72 ranges in an
array with the respective lower bound of each sample. Can someone point me
the direction I should follow/ the classes which can be helpful looking at?
ElasticSearch already has this feature exposed by their Javascript API.

Is it possible to implement the same with lucene?
Is there a Facets user guide for lucene 4.10.3 or lucene 5.0.0 ?

Thanks,

--
Gimantha Bandara
Software Engineer