lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time range facets on documents associated with a time interval
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:35:10 GMT
Hi Rainer,

If Solr is an option, then as of 5.0 you can use “DateRangeField” and use
Solr’s standard faceting on that.

If this is at the Lucene level, you can do the same approach as Solr — use
NumberRangePrefixTreeStrategy configured with a DateRangePrefixTree.  Then
for each interval, generate a query to calculate the hits.

FYI There is a more efficient approach in-progress here:

~ David