lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject Re: Part of speech search with lucene
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 22:00:51 GMT
I believe you can accomplish what you are talking about using
PhraseQuery, say: note that it has

public void add(Term term, int position)

which does enable searching for multiple terms at the same position

and you should be able to encode different kinds of attributes using
text tricks like I suggested, or with payloads: I'm less clear about how
to use the payloads in queries though

-Mike

On 03/03/2015 04:41 PM, David Villarejo wrote:
> What you propose is good if you want to index only the pos of a token. But
> I want to index some extra info, such as "lemma" of a token, phonetic
> encoding, etc. Sorry, I was not too general in my previous post.
> Imagine you want to ask this:
>
> an adj whose lemma is "quick" followed by "brown" followed by a noun whose
> phonetic enconding is "fots".
>
> So, the main problem is you cannot ask if several "synonyms" exist at the
> same position.
>
> Thank you Michael for your answer.

>> What if you indexed every word with two synonyms: the plain unadorned word
>> and a token formed by concatenating the pos and the word with some unusual
>> separator character?
>>
>> For example, "the quick brown fox" would be:
>>
>> { the | article:the } {quick | adj:quick } { brown | adj:brown } { fox |
>> noun:fox }
>>
>> with punctuation to suggest the token graph
>>
>> -Mike
>>

>> On 03/03/2015 01:21 PM, David Villarejo wrote:
>>
>>> After many google searchs I decided to post my problem here hoping that
>>> someone help me. What I want to achieve is to perform queries as follows
>>> (Don't worry about the query format):
>>>
>>> q1: (adjective) "jumps" (preposition) // any adj followed by "jumps"
>>> followed by any prep.
>>> q2: (adjective:brown) "jumps" (preposition) // brown as adj. followed by
>>> "jumps" followed by any prep.
>>> q3: (adjective:brown) (verb:jumps) (preposition) // brown as adj followed
>>> by jumps as verb followed by any preposition.
>>>
>>> In a more general form, what I want is
>>> (POS[:specific_word]) (POS[:specific_word]) (POS[:specific_word])
>>>
>>> For that, I have the text tagged as follows:
>>>
>>> the|[pos:DT][lemma:the] quick|[pos:JJ][lemma:quick]
>>> brown|[pos:JJ][lemma:brown] fox|[pos:NN][lemma:fox]
>>> jumps|[pos:NNS][lemma:jump] over|[pos:IN][lemma:over]