lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mirko Torrisi <mirko.torr...@ucdconnect.ie>
Subject Fill up field date using file name or path
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 18:00:44 GMT
Hi folks,

Hopefully this is an easy question but I couldn't do it after several
hours..

I created a new field (adding <field name="date" type="date"
indexed="true" stored="true"/>) and I'd like to fill out it using the
filename or the file path.
The file names are like: TEXT_CRE_YYYYMMGG_X-XXX-XXX.txt or
TEXT_CRE_YYYYMMGG_X-XXX.txt (where every X are random numbers).
The files are divided in directory following this rule:
/YYYY/MM/**filename**.

I don't know which way is easier (filename or path). I'd like to use a
date field type to be able to use some group functions.

Thank in advance.
Have a nice week,

Mirko