lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene MMapDirectory: Mapping failure
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:37:59 GMT
Hi,

your ulimit settings look fine!

One possibility why this may fail: Could it be that you forget to close indexes while reopening
them? This could keep mmapped files open for very long time or possibly mmap them multiple
times. As your number of open files limit is very large, it could take a while until also
the address space gets exhausted.

Just a few additional questions:
How many indexes are you opening at the same time? What is the approx. size? What Lucene version
are you using?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler