lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Artem Redkin <artemred...@yandex-team.ru>
Subject FieldValueFilter and non-DocValues fields
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:23:06 GMT
Hello.

After upgrade to 5.0.0 FieldValueFilter no longer works for fields that are not in DocValues.
I have large indexes (around half a billion documents each) and I do not want to duplicate
data too much. If I add some fields to DocValues each index will grow from 400GB to 1.3TB,
with no apparent benefits, those fields are not used for faceting or sorting, only as “flags”
in search (thought I have to return them to user as they are - integers).

Can you please help me with two questions:
1. Is there any alternative to FieldValueFilter (I use NumericRangeFilter.newIntRange(fieldName,
Integer.MIN_VALUE, Integer.MAX_VALUE, true, true) for now) to find documents with field present?
2. Can one use DocValues effectively instead of Stored Fields to show found documents? Or
I should use UninvertingReader for fields that are not in DocValues?

Thanks!

--
Artem Redkin
artemredkin@yandex-team.ru