lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From András Péteri <apet...@b2international.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 4.x -> 5 : IllegalStateException while sorting
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:13:04 GMT
Hi Clemens,

I think this part of the release notes [1] applies to your case:

* FieldCache is gone (moved to a dedicated UninvertingReader in the misc
module). This means when you intend to sort on a field, you should index
that field using doc values, which is much faster and less heap consuming
than FieldCache.

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote50

--
András