lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Just Spam <schlibos...@gmail.com>
Subject write.lock is not removed
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:57:40 GMT
Hello,

i am trying to index a file (Lucene 4.10.3) – in my opinion in the correct
way – will say:

get the IndexWriter, Index the Doc and add them, prepare commit, commit and
finally{ close}.

My writer is generated like so:

private IndexWriter getDataIndexWriter() throws CorruptIndexException,
LockObtainFailedException, IOException {

                               if (dataWriter == null) {

                                               File f = new
File(„C:/temp/index“);

                                               if (!f.exists()) {

                                                               f.mkdirs();

                                               }

                                               Directory indexDir =
MMapDirectory.open(f);

                                               KeywordAnalyzer analyzer =
AnalyzerFactory.getDataAnalyzer();

                                               IndexWriterConfig config =
new IndexWriterConfig(AnalyzerFactory.LUCENE_VERSION, analyzer);

                                               dataWriter = new
IndexWriter(indexDir, config);

                                }

                               return dataWriter;

                }

Finally i check if static!=null and close the static (dataWriter).

My problem is, the write.lock file just wont be deleted and i cant figure
out why.

Is there any way i can debug this further?

Is there any possible way to see if processes are still accessing the file?

Am i entirely missing something?

Kind Regards and thank you in advance

Matthias