lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss DEV <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject AW: Lucene 4.x -> 5 : IllegalStateException while sorting
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:19:57 GMT
Thanks for pointer. How does/did this change make its way into Solr?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: András Péteri [mailto:apeteri@b2international.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 23. Februar 2015 14:13
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Lucene 4.x -> 5 : IllegalStateException while sorting

Hi Clemens,

I think this part of the release notes [1] applies to your case:

* FieldCache is gone (moved to a dedicated UninvertingReader in the misc module). This means
when you intend to sort on a field, you should index that field using doc values, which is
much faster and less heap consuming than FieldCache.

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote50

--
András