lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene 5 : createComponents without reader
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:32:36 GMT
Hi,

Also Tokenizer no longer has a Reader in its ctor. Tokenizers are constructed without any
reader. To consume the TokenStream one has to set the reader using setReader(Reader). Because
of that createComponents does not need to get a Reader, too.

The tokenStream method takes a String or Reader and will pass this to Tokenizer#setReader().

This is from http://lucene.apache.org/core/5_0_0/MIGRATE.html:
"Removed Reader from Tokenizer constructor (LUCENE-5388): The constructor of Tokenizer no
longer takes Reader, as this was a leftover from before it was reusable. See the org.apache.lucene.analysis
package documentation for more details."

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen