lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene Boolean Query Minimization
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 15:35:00 GMT
In general: BooleanQuery is a bad name, because it is not "just" Boolean algebra:
- There are also "Boosts" involved
- Also, the algebra consists of MUST, MUST_NOT and SHOULD. You cannot transform this easily
to classical mathematical algebra :-)

See also: https://lucidworks.com/blog/why-not-and-or-and-not/

Uwe

-----