lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Searching for DateRangeField in Lucene 5.0.0
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:02:00 GMT
Hi,

This field type is part of the spatial module. Lucene Core, by default, has no support for
ranges, just single-valued numeric values.

http://lucene.apache.org/core/5_0_0/spatial/org/apache/lucene/spatial/prefix/tree/DateRangePrefixTree.html

But it is not a conventional field like NumericField, it is a bit more complicated. You have
to understand how the spatial module works. We are sorry that the release notes were not precise
enough.
Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler