lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ken <ken.luc...@comcast.net>
Subject issue with IndexUpgrader
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:05:50 GMT
Hi,

  I'm trying to run the 3.6.2 and 4.7.2 IndexUpgrader operations on a set of
prior version Lucene indexes and I'm running into trouble with some corner
case indexes.

  Some (unknown set) of these indexes are just placeholders, they have been
created but no documents have been added to them yet so they have zero
segments. The index directory contains only segments.gen and segments_1.
(Maybe it's possible to get into the same state by deleting all the
documents from a once populated index.)

 The 3.6.2 IndexUpgrader makes zero changes to these indexes, leaving them
at the old version.  When the 4.7.2 IndexUpgrader runs it crashes with a
read past the EOF of the unmodified segments_1 file.

 Other than physically detecting a 'zero segment' index by examining the
file system and replacing that index with a new 4.7.2 version empty index is
there anything I can do?