lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions regarding Lucene 5
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2015 22:46:00 GMT
When? Soon!

How soon? Uhhhh... next question!

My guess is within a few weeks - or as soon as the Solr guys finish up.

Lucene 5 does have RoaringDocIdSet, an implementation of the Roaring
Bitmaps paper. It can be used anywhere a DocIdSet can be used, which would
include the facet module, but you would have to create your own subclass of
the FacetsCollector class with an override for the createDocs method that
uses RoaringDocIdSet, I think - one of the Lucene heavies will have to
confirm that.

See:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_5x/lucene/facet/src/java/org/apache/lucene/facet/FacetsCollector.java?revision=1634013&view=markup

Any other particular features of Lucene 5 that you are particularly
interested in?

-- Jack Krupansky