lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sreedevi s <sreedevi.payik...@gmail.com>
Subject lucene scalability query
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 11:03:59 GMT
Hi,
   I am doing a scalability analysis for lucene search in my application.I
was running my junits with different sets of data which are like
1K,10K,100K and 1000K. I kept my indexes in memory and then tried accessing
the same test multiple times.ie, I built my index when my test ran first
time and for next consecutive test executions,it reused my available index.
It showed a considerable diminishing search time required.Does lucene cache
the search somehow?
But the confusion arrived when the folowing result was observed

Data

Test case accessed attempt

Index Time(ms)

Search time(ms)

10 K

1

2051

152ms

2

32

3

20

100K

1

4820

136

2

28

3

27

Ideally, it search time should have been higher with 100K data.Why is it
that I get lesser searcher time with 100K data.
Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Sreedevi S