lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 02:06:32 GMT
Basically there is a stored fork and an indexed fork.
If you specify the input should be stored, a verbatim
copy is put in a special segment file with the
extension .fdt.

This is entirely orthogonal to indexing the tokens,
which are what search operates on.

So you can store and index, store but not index,
index but not store, and you could even
not index and not store, although this last would
effectively do nothing.

HTH,
Erick