lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Barry Coughlan <b.coughl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexSearcher.setSimilarity thread-safety
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:28:04 GMT
Just had a glance at the IndexSearcher code.

Changing the similarity would not cause any failures. However the change
may not be immediately seen by all threads because the variable is
non-volatile (I'm open to correction on that...).

If you need multiple threads to have different Similarity implementations
then you will need separate IndexSearcher instances. You can use a single
IndexReader for the IndexSearchers

Barry