lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Barry Coughlan <b.coughl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexSearcher.setSimilarity thread-safety
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 14:40:11 GMT
Hi Ahmet,

The IndexSearcher is "thread-safe", it's just that the similarity field is
shared between threads. I think that to most people it is implied that the
similarity is not thread-local, as this would be surprising behavior.

Ideally the similarity field would not be mutable to indicate this, but I
suppose this would make the constructors very awkward.

Barry