lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Multi-valued field and numTerms
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 09:41:32 GMT
Normally Lucene will count your d1 as having length=2.

However, if "la" was added as a synonym for "los angeles", such that
it "overlaps" its position, then the default similarity discounts that
and will count it as length=1.

But for that to work, the position of the 2nd token must be the same
as the previous token.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com