lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: index corruption with Lucene 2.9.4
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:51:08 GMT
Is your index on a remote file system?

You could be hitting https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5541

Best to upgrade Lucene (we stopped relying on File.exists a while back).

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Ian Koelliker <IKoelliker@axsone.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> We are seeing some weird instances of index corruption periodically when using Lucene
2.9.4. There are two specific cases we are seeing.

> 1)      We are using the compound format and have noticed that sometimes we get errors
when searching noting that files are missing (i.e. .fnm, .fdt, etc.) even though we have a
.cfs file

> 2)      We have an index that is searchable but it appears that the stored terms for
some of the documents have been lost (i.e. searching is successful, but the expected stored
terms for those messages are not there). Running the CheckIndex tool on this index fails.

> Any ideas how these scenarios could occur? Are there any known issues in Lucene 2.9.4
that would cause this to happen?